Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes Crock Pot Dinner
Hello! I got this delicious recipe from Angela when she made it for our small group a few months ago. I really like how tender the pork gets after sitting in the crock pot all afternoon. It has great flavor and is a very filling meal, especially if you make some egg noodles to go with it =) The only problem is that my crock pot is crazy fast and it was done within 2 hours... and I was cooking it on low! So, I turned it to warm to hold it over until dinnertime, but the potatoes were definitely mushy, which is a pet peeve of mine, I hate mushy food. So, I either need a new crock pot, or I need to accept the fact that my slow cooker is more like a fast cooker.
Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes Crock Pot Dinner
3/4 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbsp. flour
2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup fresh corn
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme
Parsley
1. Toss pork with 1 Tbsp. flour and set aside. Heat oil in a skillet and add pork. Brown pork and then transfer to crock pot.
2. Add remaining ingredients to crock pot except for parsley and 1 Tbsp. flour. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours. (My crock pot is crazy fast and I cooked it on low for 2 1/2 hours and it was done!)
3. Combine 1 Tbsp. flour and 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Stir into stew. Cook 10 additional minutes.
4. Serve by itself or on top of egg noodles.
Labels:
Pork Tenderloin,
Vegetables
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment