Thursday, May 9, 2013
Shrimp and Pea Penne Pasta
Woohoo!! It's almost the weekend, which means that Lauren's wedding is getting closer and closer! Just 2 weeks from this Saturday. Tomorrow night is her bachlorette party and I'm sure time is just going to fly by until her big day. I am so excited for her and Neal.
This pasta recipe is has a light cream sauce that is creamy and refreshing. It is one that my mom made when I was growing up at home, I don't know where it is from. The original recipe calls for sugar snap peas, but I just used peas instead. I was also excited because I used my fresh basil and parsley from my "herb garden." They are still alive and thriving....we'll see how long they last =)
Shrimp and Pea Penne Pasta
1 lb. shrimp
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
2 cups peas
3 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, peas, salt, pepper and garlic; saute 3-5 minutes, until carrots soften.Add shrimp, saute 2 minutes. Stir in wine, cream and lemon juice, cook 1 minute. Add pasta; stir well to coat. Remove from heat; stir in basil, parsley and green onions. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment