Tuesday, July 2, 2013

No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars

Ever since Leah has been born, I have been on an oats (as well as chocolate) kick. I can't get enough oatmeal or granola in any form - granola in my cereal, granola in my yogurt, granola bites, granola bars....  So, I still wasn't totally happy with all of my other granola bar recipes, and trust me I tried a lot - take 1, take 2, take 3, take 4. I tried this new recipe which I adapted a little from this site on Pinterest. The best thing about these bars is that they actually stay together!! I also like that there are only a few basic ingredients. I definitely like these - I keep them in the freezer and pull one out when I want one or to put in Tyler's lunch. I like them cold, they are not quite as good at room temperature in my opinion. So, I don't know if this will be my last attempt or if I will keep trying, but for now, I'm liking these =)

No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars


1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried fruit (I used craisens and chocolate chips (always need some chocolate!)
1/2 cup maple syrup
a few dashes cinnamon
1/2 cup room temperature creamy peanut butter


1. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
2. Fold well until all the oats are soaked in peanut butter and maple syrup.
3. Pour into a dish. I used a 9x9 pan. The size of your pan will alter how thick your bars are. A good thickness is about 3/4 of an inch.
4. Chill in fridge until firm enough to slice. However, these bars are delicious a bit softened as well! Slice into squares and wrap in plastic wrap for to-go bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment