Ok, so this bread is pretty awesome. It is 100% whole wheat and there is a ton of zucchini, chocolate chips and coconut in it. All of my favorite things together! I found the recipe on a friend of a friend's blog after trying another zucchini bread recipe which was a fail - just blah, with no flavor. This recipe is a keeper that I will make again when I have an overflow of zucchini. I think I ate 3/4 of one of these loaves by myself while Tyler was away in VA last week =) The other one is in the freezer and I already want an excuse to pull it out!
Zucchini Bread
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup canola oil
3 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1. Combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a
separate bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the vanilla and oil. Combine the
dry and the wet ingredients and stir in the zucchini.
2. Grease 2 8×4-inch loaf pans. Divide the batter between them. Sprinkle
the chocolate chips down the centers of each loaf. Lightly press them
into the batter. Evenly sprinkle the coconut over the entire tops (not
just the centers).
3. Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before
removing from the pans and cooling on a wire rack.
This bread is incredible!! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete