Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Pan Sauce


Oh my goodness, why is it so cold outside?!? I can't wait for spring. Especially since it is such a pain in the butt taking Leah in and out of her car seat with her big bulky coat and multiple layers. I am looking forward to morning runs with Leah in the stroller and being able to spend time outside again. Just have to get through another month or two of cold.....bah....
So, I made this meal so long ago, I can't even tell you much about it. I don't really remember, but it must have been good since I saved the picture and recipe =)

Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Pan Sauce

1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces and pounded 1/4 inch thick
1/4 cup minced shallots
2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
2 Tbsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. sour cream
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

1. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add cutlets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
2. Return skillet to medium high heat. Add remaining tsp. olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock and mustard; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Serve pork with sauce and sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment