Tonight Tyler and I went on a bike ride through our neighborhood on our new bikes. Thanks Mom and Dad! It was a perfect spring night for a ride.
Sunday evening we ran out of leftovers for dinner, so we decided that making Monkey Bread was our most filling (and delicious!) option. So Tyler helped me make it and we ate it on the couch while reading the newspaper and watching Forest Gump on TV. I was too excited to start and started eating it before I remembered to take a picture. We successfully ate half of it and have been eating it for breakfast these past few mornings =)
This recipe is from my mom and I adapted it a little. The recipe calls for 4 cans of Biscuits, but I have no clue how that is all supposed to fit in a bundt pan because 2 cans (what is shown above) was overflowing out of my pan. I also cut the rest of the ingredients in half, which is what I have listed below. Next time I might add a little bit more sauce... but it still was soooo good again.
Monkey Bread
2 cans Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits (8 to a can)
3/4 cup sugar, use 1/2 cup first
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
6 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup pecans (didn't use)
1. Mix cinnamon with 1/2 cup sugar in plastic bag - shake well.
2. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shake and coat each biscuit with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place biscuits randomly ungreased bundt pan.
3. In a saucepan, bring margarine, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and brown sugar to a boil. Pour over biscuits. Sprinkle pecans on top. (The recipe says to let it rise overnight, but I put it right in the oven and it was fine). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment