Wednesday, March 21, 2012

White Ragu


This was our very yummy dinner last night. The recipe is from Rachael Ray and I made a few changes to the recipe. It called for veal and sweet Italian sausage, but I just went with country style sausage instead. I also cut the recipe in half but added more sauce. It is a lighter version of spaghetti and I told Tyler that I think I like it better than regular spaghetti. It was really good for something different.
Tomorrow I have my IEP writing day at school. It is one day a year that I get a sub in my classroom so I can work on writing IEP's. I always save it for the spring since I have 7 due in April. I'm excited for a whole day to get a lot of work done! Now to finish my sub plans.....

White Ragu

Serves: 2

4 oz. mushrooms
1/2 lb. spaghetti noodles
1/2 lb. country style sausage
1 small carrot, grated
1 small rib celery, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
3/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup milk
Grated Parmesan cheese

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
2. While the pasta is boiling, brown the sausage. Then add the carrot, celery, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, then stir in the wine to de-glaze, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
3. Stir in the milk, lower the heat to medium-high and cook to thicken.
4. Add the pasta and toss. Top with a liberal amount of cheese.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good. Thanks for another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete