Thursday, July 24, 2014

Leah's Favorites: Turkey Chili


This meal has become a favorite of mine to make for Leah when we are traveling. I freeze it in two smaller containers and then each container is good for 2 meals. I like to send it along as a meal option when either of our parents are watching Leah for a night or two. I also packed it in our cooler for our trip to the beach and cabin. I feel better knowing I at least have something I can pull out of the freezer at the last second if needed since I don't always know what the meal plan for our trips will look like. I adapted this recipe from wholesomebabyfood.com. It is simple and easy to make!

Turkey Chili

1 small onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1/2 lb. ground turkey
Season with pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin

Combine turkey, onion and celery in a large saucepan and saute until turkey is browned. Add chicken broth, kidney beans and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment