Thursday, June 23, 2011

Apricot Pork Tenderloin with New Potatoes and Baby Carrots

Pork Tenderloin is one of our favorite meats because it is different from chicken, yet still relatively cheap, especially if you do the buy one get one free deal from Giant! We normally buy at least 2 at a time when they are on sale, and divide each of them into 3 portions that we then freeze. It is so nice having it stocked in our freezer for a easy weeknight meal.
This recipe is from Cooking Light and they make it with lamb chops, but I make it with pork tenderloin instead. It combines another apricot pork tenderloin recipe that my mom made when I still lived at home. The recipe says to cook it in the skillet, which we do in the winter, but anytime I can, I love grilling it. the flavor is so much better and the sauce can just be added on the side. This is my slightly adapted version.

Apricot Pork Tenderloin

1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Rub:
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 lb. pork tenderloin

Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; set aside.
Cut pork tenderloin into 1 inch slices and tenderize
Combine salt, cinnamon, and pepper and rub onto both sides of pork tenderloin pieces

Grill pork tenderloin ( I am terrible with cooking times.... I just cook until it is done =)
Meanwhile, on the stovetop, bring apricot mixture to a slight boil to heat it up. Keep warm.

Place pork tenderloin on place and spoon apricot mixture over the pork.

New Potatoes:
These potatoes were fresh from my in-law's garden....delish!
I just boiled the potatoes, and then poured brown butter on top to coat and sprinkled them with salt, pepper and thyme.

Baby Carrots:
I boiled the carrots, and then poured brown butter on top to coat (a little butter never hurts =) and the added extra touch is a spoonful of brown sugar mixed in as well.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. this is a true story: i never considered cutting the pork tenderloin into sections before freezing it! then i'm like, "man, i'd like to make pork tenderloin but it's so much for just the 3 of us.." haha! wow. ok, moving on...

    ReplyDelete