Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello!

So, I have been thinking about blogging for awhile, and finally decided to give it a try. Since I am not a great writer, and would have trouble thinking of things to say about my everyday life, I thought, why not write about food!
I mean, I think about food probably more than the average person does.
- I ate anything and everything that I could.
- I remember, especially in middle school, sitting through class in the morning counting down the minutes until lunch because I was so so hungry.
- Growing up, I always helped my mom make dinner and enjoyed spending time with her in the kitchen
- It makes me happy waking up in the morning and thinking about what I will come home to after school to make for dinner
- I like trying new recipes - especially when they are a success!
- I love making meals that I have grown up eating and that remind me of home
- I wish I could make desserts all the time, because there are so many things to try....but I try to limit it so Tyler and I are not always on a sugar high

hmmm.... I could go on and on, but I will stop.
So, basically I am going to share what is happening in my kitchen. I am not creative enough to make my own recipes; a lot of my favorites come from Cooking Light and Rachel Ray, as well as family favorites that have been passed down to me. Sometimes I make a few changes, to adjust it to Tyler and my personal taste... and I definitely feel like I am learning and growing as I develop my own cooking style.
Let's see how long this lasts.....this summer should be good, but we will see what happens once school starts again in the fall!
....now I am in very happy mood thinking about all this food... time to go make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment