Last night I made Turkey Burgers and we ate them out on our new patio. It was a great evening to eat outside and enjoy our hard work from the past few months. Tyler tore out the old patio and laid the new pavers with some help from me and my dad in May. This is the transformation of our old patio to our new and updated patio.
Turkey Burgers with Grated Zucchini and Carrot
Serves: 5
3/4 lb. ground turkey
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (Not in the recipe, but I add it so the burgers stick together, otherwise, they are too wet and do not stay together)
In a large bowl, combine the turkey, zucchini, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and egg. Form the mixture into 4-5 patties. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side, until no trace of pink remains. I melt provolone cheese on the burgers as well.
Meanwhile, combine 4 Tbsp. mayo and 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice in a small bowl. Serve burgers with mayo mixure and any other desired toppings.
YUM!! I need to make these again! I just wanted to know how you got your mouth around that burger?? HAHA!
ReplyDeleteMom