Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spanish Rice Salad and Sauteed Shrimp


Today was my first day back at school for the week. I like it when Tuesdays feel like Mondays. My day was full of snotty noses and sneezes....myself included. I'm glad I quickly grabbed a box of Kleenex on my way out the door this morning....the tissues at school are like sandpaper!
This recipe goes great with shrimp or any other type of fish or even chicken. It can be served hot or cold. I personally like it hot. The recipe is from Cooking Light.

Find the sauteed shrimp recipe here.
Spanish Rice Salad

Serves: 4

Dressing:
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 small garlic clove, minced

Salad:
1/2 cup uncooked medium-grain rice
2 large globe artichokes (I bought canned)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stirring well with a whisk; set aside.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Transfer rice to a large bowl; stir in salt and black pepper. Add dressing, articnokes chickpeas and remaining ingredients to rice mixture; stir well. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment