Today was one of those days where all my kids seemed a little crazy and I needed an extra dose of patience. Let's hope that tomorrow is a better day!
Tonight I made this recipe, which is from my mom. I cut the recipe in half and we had 2 extra servings of leftovers. I also added a cup of chicken to the soup - Tyler doesn't think it is a meal without some meat =)
Vegetable Bisque
Serves: 4-6
6 Tbsp. butter
6 Tbsp. flour
8 cups chicken broth
4 cups broccoli
1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 small onion
1/4 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cup milk
2 egg yolks
3 cups cheese
Melt butter, add flour and brown. Add chicken broth to thicken. Then add vegetables and simmer 8 minutes until vegetables are tender.
*Make sure broth is boiling before adding vegetables.
Blend milk and yolk and add to broth. Add cheese and serve.
i like how tyler thinks :) looks yummy. hope your day is a bit easier tomorrow...
ReplyDeleteI did lunch duty at school yesterday (Tuesday) and I'm with you...something was in the air...the kids were crazy!!! Also...Brandon's line is "What? No meat?" whenever I make something vegetarian. He usually pulls a venison steak out of the freezer to eat...fine with me! I don't prepare it or eat it! :)
ReplyDelete