Monday, November 5, 2012

Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta


We had another fun, busy weekend that went by way to fast =) Friday night was small group, which consisted of yummy food and good conversations and laughs. Saturday was a busy day getting chores done around the house....Tyler raked all of our leaves, which was quite a pile.....thanks honey!

Then in the evening we headed over to Trevor and Kara's house to play games with them and Paul and Petrina. We ended our weekend on Sunday with church, our first Thanksgiving dinner of the season, and a maternity photo shoot at Lititz Springs Park (a little chilly!!) with Christie as our photographer. I can't wait to see the pictures!
Now, it's back to another work week, but I only have 5 more weeks to go! Woohoo! And one of those weeks is the week of Thanksgiving, which really doesn't count anyway..hehe.
This recipe is from Cooking Light and I kinda followed the parts I wanted to and made up the rest. To start, I wanted to finish all of my almost empty boxes of pasta, so I combined 3 together. It also didn't call for chicken, but I added it, and it called for 3 different kinds of mushrooms; one of them you were supposed to puree and make a mushroom paste/sauce. It seemed like too much work (and mushrooms) for me, but I took the basics for the dish and made it my own. It was delicious, nice and creamy, but not too heavy. It also was easy to make once I took out all of the other steps. I will be making it again.

Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta

1 lb. pasta (I used penne, ziti and rotini)
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 lb. mushrooms
1/4 lb. bacon, diced
1 large shallot, chopped
1 cup cooked, cubed chicken
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup marsala
Parmesan Cheese
Parsley

1. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and stir until cooked, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the shallot, garlic and chicken; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream, broth and marsala. Cook until reduced, about 10 minutes.

3. Add the pasta to the sauce and parmesan cheese to toss. Top with parsley and serve.

1 comment: