Monday, November 12, 2012

Roasted Chicken with Thyme and Mustard Sauce


Happy Monday! Today I realized that I only have 3 working Mondays left (max!) before baby girl's arrival!!
This weekend was fun and relaxing....in between the housework and schoolwork that is =) I was able to spend Friday night with Lauren, which doesn't get to happen very often! We had a great time eating and starting our Christmas shopping! Then, Tyler came home from his week in Virginia for work. Yes, I was left by myself last week, and yes, I survived =) I am very thankful that it doesn't happen very often with Tyler's job and that he works 7-5 and can spend evenings with me! On Saturday, my mom, sister and aunts went out to Tomato Pie for lunch. It was delicious and I love being able to catch up with my wonderful family.

I made this meal last weekend, and really liked the sauce! It would go well with many different sides. Sorry for the bad picture, it's the best I have. It definitely tasted better than it looks!

Roasted Chicken with Thyme and Mustard Sauce

1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cut in half and tenderized
1/2 tsp. salt, divided
1/2 tsp. pepper, divided
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 cup chicken broth, divided
4 tsp. flour
1 tsp. Dijon mustard

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. of salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; place in a 9x9 baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.

3. Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter; then onion and thyme. Saute 5 minutes or until tender. Combine flour and chicken broth in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add broth mixture to pan and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add mustard and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Serve sauce with the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment