Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chocolate Toffee Chunks

Oh my were these little treats delicious! I seriously couldn't stop eating them. I'm on a major chocolate kick right now and these hit the spot. I found the recipe on Pintrest and thought I would give them a try to take to game night with some of Tyler's family this past weekend. I cut the recipe in half to try it out for the first time, but we went through it way to quickly, so next time I'll make the full portion like I posted =) You should try these right away!

Chocolate Toffee Chunks

1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
40 saltine crackers
Any toppings you want - coconut, peanuts, etc.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with foil and cover with cooking spray. Lay crackers in a flat layer on pan.

2. Melt the butter and brown sugar until a boil is reached. Reduce heat and simmer 5-6 minutes uncovered, or until mixture is thickened and sugar is completely dissolved.

3. Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly to coat. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the toffee becomes bubbly. Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let them soften and melt before spreading them into an even layer.

4. Add whatever topping you want. I did half of the tray with coconut flakes and the other half with crushed peanuts. Both were delicious!

2 comments:

  1. yum!! so glad your chocolate cravings have returned postpartum. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm making up for the last 9 months, haha.

    ReplyDelete