I did it! I actually tried making a smoothie this morning, and it worked. I have been seeing smoothie recipes everywhere and have been wanting to try one, but never took the time to get out the blender and make one. I must say, it wasn't THAT much work, I think I can handle it =) I looked at a bunch of different smoothie recipes and then combined what I had in my kitchen and what I thought would taste good. It was so much better than I thought it might be! It was a little sweet and I could definitely taste everything that went into it.
I also wanted to try a healthy smoothie like this because ever since Leah has been born and I have been breastfeeding I wake up starving in the morning. I feel like a bottomless pit until about lunch time and cereal just doesn't always cut it. This smoothie filled me up a lot more than my normal breakfast and I made it to lunch without a mid-morning snack. I'm going to try to make a smoothie like this more often, at least a few days a week.
Green Smoothie
1 frozen banana, sliced
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
Splash of milk
7 whole frozen strawberries
1 huge handful of baby spinach
Blend everything together on high for a minute or two. Then switch to liquify to make it smooth and creamy.
No comments:
Post a Comment