Friday, September 23, 2011
Balsamic Pork Scallopine
I had been looking forward to making this meal all week. I think it is my favorite pork tenderloin recipe! I love the noodles with it....although I like noodles with just about anything =)
In other news, I finished my first paper for grad class... with references and that darn APA formatting, and let me tell you, I am out of practice! It has been too long since I had to write an official paper. I am used to writing in short paragraphs and read 3rd grade writing on a daily basis. It was rough.... but thank goodness it is done. Until the next one!
So, this recipe is from Taste of Home. I cut the recipe in half and use about 1/2 lb. of pork tenderloin,. You could add more pork and still use half of the recipe. I also cut the noodles in half.. I am going to re-type it on here as half the recipe, it could easily serve 4 by adding more pork.
Balsamic Pork Scallopine
1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
1/2 cup flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped, roasted sweet red peppers
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 can (7 ounces) chicken broth
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. pepper
Noodles:
6 oz. egg noodles
1/4 cup half and half cream
1/8 cup grated Romano cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, cubed
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Cut pork tenderloin into 1 inch medallions and tenderize. Dredge pork in flour. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown. Set aside.
Add onion and red peppers to the pan; saute until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. add the broth, basil, vinegar and pepper. Return pork to the pan.
Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; stir in the cream, cheese, butter, pepper and garlic powder. Serve with pork.
Labels:
Pork Tenderloin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YUMO!! I love this recipe too!! This is also my favorite pork tenderloin recipe!!
ReplyDeletei love it too! remember that day we were roasting tomatoes and sorting recipes and i came across this one? you said "keep it". good call.
ReplyDelete