Thursday, September 22, 2011
Taco Pasta Toss
Last night I needed a quick dinner after a busy day and a night full of working on a paper for grad class... yuck! This is a Rachael Ray recipe that is very simple. I do not include all of the spices, and it still is very tasty. I also cut the recipe in half. It seriously doesn't take any longer to make than the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta!
Taco Pasta Toss
Serves: 4
1 lb. penne pasta
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 large jalapeno chile (I don't use this!)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/2 head lettuce
1 Boil pasta.
2. While the pasta is cooking, cook beef and onion in a large skillet. Drain. Add seasonings and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the tomato paste for 1 minute, then stir in the chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss. Serve with cheese, lettuce and tomato on top, just like tacos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment