Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chicken and Veggie Fettuccine

This year our Labor Day plans were not very traditional. We didn't go to a picnic, and because of the rain, we spent the day inside lounging around, reading, doing schoolwork and relaxing. I was planning on grilling, but didn't feel like it because of the yucky weather, so I made some fettuccine instead. It tasted so good again and was a nice hot meal for the rainy day. This recipe is from Aunt Crystal and the sauce can be used to add any type of veggies or meat you would want. A lot of times I make it with either chicken, mushrooms, carrots and green beans or with shrimp, broccoli and carrots. This time I had carrots, red pepper and broccoli left over so I used them with a 1 cup pack of chicken. I cut the recipe in half for Tyler and I and we always have at least a serving of leftovers for lunch the next day.

Fettuccine

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
Fettuccine noodles - 16 oz.

Melt butter, add flour and brown. Gradually add chicken broth and thicken. Then add milk.

Add: Chicken and any desired vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment