Thursday, December 22, 2011

Stromboli

There are two meals that I make on almost a weekly basis - pizza and this stromboli. Friday nights are always pizza nights if we are home (see here) and I switch it up every once and a while with stromboli. I use the same homemade dough that I use for pizza and fill it with meat, cheese and veggies. The recipe is from my mom and I adapted it with some veggies and different amounts and kinds of cheese and meat. It is so yummy
Stromboli

Serves: 4

1/2 portion of pizza dough (recipe here)
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. sausage
1 cup colby jack cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup green pepper
1/4 cup red bell pepper
Spaghetti Sauce

Roll dough. Brown ground beef and sausage. Place cheese on dough. Then add meat and veggies. Fold dough to in close meat. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with basil and oregano. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. used your dough recipe for stromboli for the first time tonight.. o yum! also, i used an entire batch's worth and made a BIG boli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! I have made big boli's with the whole batch as well... it is quite a big boli, doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete