Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine
Last week we had my parents and sister over for dinner. It was Lauren's last day of finals and she was officially starting Christmas break! We had a great time together and it was fun getting together in the middle of the week for something different. I made this casserole because it was easy enough to make for all of us once I got home from work - and it is also very delicious! It has all of my favorite foods - pasta, mushrooms, peppers and chicken. Yum! I also got a little bit too excited and started eating before remembering to take a picture!
Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine
Serves: 8
3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
3 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (16 oz.) carton 2% low-fat cottage cheese
4 cups hot cooked pasta (about 8 oz. uncooked)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, oregano and pepper; saute 3 minutes or just until spinach wilts.
3. Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until very smooth. Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk and soup in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this recipe!! Thanks for having us over, what a wonderful time of sharing! Love having you cook for me - it makes my heart smile!
ReplyDeleteI love this recipe, too! A favorite of ours - always a hit! I've made it when I need to take a meal to someone if I'm sure they're okay with mushrooms. I also loved your hot appetizer on Sunday night...you'll have to post that one and include the recipe!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shawna,
ReplyDeleteThe recipe has been posted - I made it back in August. It's called Sausage Wonton Stars and here is the link - http://alrkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/sausage-wonton-stars_16.html
It was so great seeing you and your family again. Merry Christmas!