Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Crispy Tilapia with Lemon-Dill Sauce
This is a yummy fish recipe from Cooking Light a few years ago. It had been awhile since I had made it, and I'm so glad I did again. The lemon-dill sauce is what makes it so good. I made it with orzo and succotash....which makes for a bland looking plate, but the taste is what matters... and it was great!
Crispy Tilapia with Lemon-Dill Sauce
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup panko
1/2 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. onion powder
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. finely chopped dill pickles
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. chopped fresh dill ( or 1/2 tsp. dried dill)
Lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine panko, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Dip each fillet in egg white, then dredge in panko mixture; place on a broiler pan or a jelly roll pan with a cooling rack on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
3. Combine mayo, pickle, lemon juice, and dill. Serve with fish and lemon wedges.
Labels:
Fish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment