Thursday, September 6, 2012

Grilled Maple Soy Chicken

Woohoo....it's almost Friday! I have been spoiled with two 4 day weeks of school, so next week is going to be a real shock!
One funny story from the week - the other day I was dropping one of my students off in the emotional support room when a second grade boy in the class ran up to give me a hug. As he hugged my waist/baby belly, he exclaimed...."wow, you are BIG!..... and tall and beautiful." He comment made me laugh so hard and I said I would take it as a compliment...I guess, haha.
So, this is a new recipe that I tried from Cooking Light. The recipe says to bake it in the oven, but I decided to grill it instead. It ended up being a very tasty and easy weeknight meal. I made cheesy potatoes and grilled some zucchini, red pepper and red onion to go with it.

Maple Soy Chicken

1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Chicken breasts, cut in half and tenderized
2 Tbsp. sliced green onions

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Place mixture in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.

2. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until marinade reduces to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Meanwhile, grill chicken and flip. Baste with 2 Tbsp. maple mixture. Continue to baste until grilled to desired degree of doneness. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment