Thursday, September 20, 2012

Soft-Shell Tacos


Happy Thursday! It is almost the weekend, and I am so so happy about that. This weekend looks like it will be beautiful around here and I am planning on catching up on housework and nursery stuff; and I guess I should add some schoolwork in there too.
The other night I went to make tacos and realized I didn't have any taco seasoning packets. I decided it would be a good time to try making my own seasoning... it is something that I was planning on trying sometime anyway. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and adapted it to our tastes. I like it because there are none of the weird preservatives or artificial flavorings in it. We both really liked it and it made enough to make a few more times.

Taco Seasoning

1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Mix all spices together. Sprinkle 2 tsp. of seasoning per half pound of cooked ground beef. Add 1/4 cup water and 1/2 tsp. cornstarch to thicken the sauce and simmer 3 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment