Friday, July 29, 2011

Caramel Pork Tenderloin with Peas and Rice

This is a easy pork tenderloin recipe that I found and tweaked a little from Cooking Light early this spring. I have made it a few times so far and it is good! I also like making rice with peas in it, 1 - it only makes one pan dirty, I just add the peas in the last minute or two of cooking the rice, 2 - it makes rice more colorful =)


Caramel Pork Tenderloin

1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. bottled ground fresh ginger

Heat olive oil over a medium skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper and add to pan. Saute 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in broth and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thick (mine never gets thick, so I mix 1 tsp. corn starch and a little water together and then add it to the sauce to thicken it).
Serve with rice and peas.... or whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment