Monday, July 4, 2011

Freezing...

Lately, I have been freezing greenbeans, peas and blueberries to be tucked away in our freezer for the winter.... and our freezer is reaching its limit! I'm not even sure what is on the bottom anymore and I keep thinking I am going to organize it, but it is such a cold job to do =)
Tyler's parents have graciously let us plant a few rows of vegetables in their garden this summer, so we planted two rows of peas and a row of greenbeans. Our peas came in about a month ago, and Tyler and I spent an agonizing 5 hours hulling all of our peas....but we did get 30 meals out of it. We have been picking our greenbeans every few days for the last few weeks and I lost count of how many bags I have now....over 40 for sure. We are doing our last picking tomorrow and I really don't need anymore... if you want some, let me know!
 I also froze 10 lbs. of blueberries on Friday. We like them throughout the winter on top of our cheerios for breakfast and also for any baking that involves blueberries.
Here is what I was working on Friday during my break from grad class. Oh, and the muffins pictured there were a total failure. They were a kind of corn muffin, but didn't taste good at all. Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I love following what you're cooking up! (As you can probably tell...)

    If you still have some peas or anything else, we would love to have some! (That is one thing we didn't plant in our garden this year...) I'm so impressed with all you are freezing - such a smart thing to do!

    ReplyDelete