Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Grilled Tilapia with Citrus Vinaigrette

Last night we had fish for the first time in quite a while. We love fish, but do not buy it very often since it is a little on the pricier side. Our favorites are tilapia, haddock and of course, salmon. I hope it goes on sale at Giant sometime soon! This recipe is from my mom and I love it because of the shallots in the vinaigrette sauce. I made it with grilled veggies and white rice with a little bit of lemon juice and parsley. The recipe calls for it to be pan-seared, but in the summer I like doing it on the grill. My mom also just told me about non-stick aluminum foil....perfect for fish on the grill! I never knew it even existed, but I am so glad I have it now!

Grilled Tilapia with Citrus Vinaigrette

Serves: 4

3 (6 oz.) tilapia filets
1/2 tsp. salt, divided
1/2 tsp. pepper, divided
1/2 cup white wine
2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. orange juice
4 tsp. extravirgin olive oil
2 tsp. sherry

Sprinkle fish evenly with  1/4 tsp. salt and pepper. Grill fish 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily. Remove and keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add white wine and cooke 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Combine shallots and remaining ingredients; stirring well with a whisk. Stir in remaining salt and pepper. Saute 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Top each filet of fish with citrus vinaigrette.

1 comment:

  1. we love tilapia too! story: i found a bag of frozen fish at Giant (can't remember the brand..) that was much cheaper than buying it fresh! each fillet was individually vacuum sealed so i could just thaw what i needed for that supper. i got like 4 meals out of the bag. (and the quality of the fish was great)

    ReplyDelete