So, this isn't really a recipe, just a salad that I love to eat in the summer. Growing up we would have it all the time. It is just a big salad with grilled chicken and french fries on top. I think it is also called a "Pittsburgh Salad." A lot of times we get the house dressing from Cravings, a small deli off of Oregon Pike.... it is soooo good! But this time I made Zesty French Dressing, which is a recipe I got from my Aunt Crystal. It is the best French dressing around.
My salad consited of: romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, hard-boiled egg and cheese. I marinated the chicken breasts in Catalina dressing for 24 hours before grilling it. Then cut it up into chunks to place on the salad.Then I also made french fries to pile on top. It is pretty awesome =)
Here's the french dressing recipe....
Combine the following ingredients in a food processer until smooth and thick.
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. celery seed
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before using. Shake well before serving. Yields about 1 1/2 cups
No comments:
Post a Comment