Thursday, October 13, 2011
Chicken Tenders with Balsamic Pan Sauce
This week we decided to start painting our spare bedrooms. We started with the one above the sunroom and have been taking our time with it, unlike when we did a crazy painting and renovation of our house in a month a little over a year ago. I actually enjoyed painting again more than I thought I would. At the end of a month of painting, I never wanted to pick up a paintbrush again, but it was fun. After painting just one wall the other night I told Tyler that I must have been on some crazy new homeowners high to paint an entire house in such a short amount of time. I will have before and after pictures when it is complete =)
This recipe is from my Mom and is a quick easy meal that I make quite frequently. It is good with wild rice, pasta, or potatoes like I did the other night. I cut the amount of chicken in half and use chicken tenders and keep the sauce the same....we like sauce!
Chicken Tenders with Balsamic Pan Sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. honey
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4- 5 oz. chicken breast
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots
Combine broth, vinegar and honey.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Saute chicken in heated butter and oil. Cook 4 minutes on each side until browned or done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Add shallots for 30 seconds. Add broth mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to 1/2 cup.
Serve sauce on the side and spoon on top of chicken.
Labels:
chicken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment