Monday, October 31, 2011

Chicken and Herb White Pizza


On Friday night "pizza night" I was feeling ambitious and tried a new pizza recipe. I found this in the latest issue of Cooking Light and thought it would be good. It has very simple ingredients and the white sauce is easy to make. We liked it, but it didn't wow us. It didn't seem to have much flavor. I think it would have been a lot better if I would have used fresh oregano, chives and parsley instead of dried, but I didn't feel like buying all of those herbs! I'm not sure if I will try it again or not, but here is the recipe if anyone else wants to give it a try =)

Chicken and Herb White Pizza

1 serving pizza dough (homemade dough recipe found here)
1 Tbsp. butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly; stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
3. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12 inch circle and place on baking sheet. Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Top with chicken and onion. Bake at 450 degrees on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with herbs.
*Note - I also added mushrooms to our pizza

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback on that one...I looked at it and considered it...I'll probably pass on it~

    ReplyDelete