On Friday night I got to spend the evening with Tyler and the guys. We had some good friends from college over to play a new game, catch up and watch the World Series. We had fun and it was really good to see everyone again. I made apple crisp - and it was yummy! I found this recipe online somewhere and I combined it with a recipe from one of Tyler's co-workers. The topping is the best part of course!
Apple Crisp
8 cups sliced peeled tart apples ( I used Granny Smith)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
Topping:
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 Tbsp. cold butter
In a large bowl, toss the first 4 ingredients. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. In a bowl, combine topping ingredients, cutting in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice-cream if desired.
Servings: about 7
No comments:
Post a Comment