Tonight I made this recipe from Cooking Light. I had made it a time or two before, but this time I changed the kind of salsa I used and we liked it a lot better. It is a super easy meal and doesn't take long to make at all.
Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!!
Tex-Mex Pork
Serves: 4
1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 1/2 cups refrigerated fresh salsa ( we like Tostidoes chunky mild salsa)
2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cubed avocado
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and then pork; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Saute for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add salsa and 1/4 cup water to pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve pork mixture over rice; top with sour cream and avocado.
No comments:
Post a Comment