This recipe is from Pampered Chef. I like it because you make it all in one pot. It also has great flavor. I'm glad I have found a few new soup recipes in the past few weeks. We love soup and you can never have enough options!
Italian Sausage and Escarole Stew
2 medium red onions
1 large red bell pepper
1 1/4 lbs. hot Italian sausage (I used country sausage)
4 garlic cloves, pressed
6 cups chicken stock
1 can (28 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (didn't use)
1 small head escarole
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. salt
2 oz. Parmesan cheese
1. Dice onions and bell pepper. Cook sausage over medium heat in a large stockpot until browned and crumbly. Remove and drain on paper towels.
2. Add onions and bell pepper to pot. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in sausage, stock, tomatoes, pasta and rosemary. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. remove from heat and remove rosemary.
3. Meanwhile, cut escarole heat in half lengthwise. Cut off and discard root end. Slice escarole crosswise. Stir escarole, vinegar and salt into pot; let stand 2-3 minutes until escarole is wilted. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment