Welp, tonight is conference night at school. Only a few days left between me and Thanksgiving break! So, this was our dinner last night. I think the recipe is from Cooking Light. I like it because of the egg noodles... noodles are my favorite =) It is a pretty easy recipe to make for a weeknight meal.
Oh and I just realized this is my 100th post! 100 different recipes since June. I can't make any promises of another 100 new recipes in the next few months. I'm eventually going to have to start making some of the same meals again!
Hamburger Stroganoff
Serves: 4
8 oz. uncooked medium egg noodles
1 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 (8 oz.) package mushrooms
2 Tbsp. flour
1 cup beef broth
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 Tbsp. dry sherry
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions Drain.
Brown the ground beef with onions. Drain and then add garlic and mushrooms to pan. Cook 4 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates, stirrring frequently. Stir in flour and saute for 1 minute. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until slightly thick. Stir in salt and pepper. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat.
Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
No comments:
Post a Comment