Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Turkey Meatball Reuben Subs


For some reason, meatballs and I do not get along. I have turned them to mush, burnt them in a crockpot, have had them fall apart on me. Luckily, these meatballs did not disappoint. Maybe it is because they are made out of turkey....I don't know but they have great flavor and we love the coleslaw to go with it. I made double the amount of coleslaw and we ate it all =) The recipe is from Cooking Light.

Turkey Meatball Reuben Subs

Serves: 4

2 tsp. paprika, divided
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander (didn't add)
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (didn't add)
4 submarine rolls
1 1/2 cups packaged coleslaw
1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
4 slices Swiss cheese (we don't like Swiss so I used provolone)

1. Preheat broiler

2. Combine 1 1/2 tsp. paprika and next 7 ingredients (through turkey). Shape into meatballs (about 1 heaping Tbsp. each). Place meatballs on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray and broil for 8 minutes or until done, stirring once.

3. While meatballs cook, hollow out bread, leaving 1/2 inch thick shell. Combine the coleslaw, dressing and remaining 1/2 tsp. paprika. Arrange 4 meatballs and 1 cheese slice inside each roll. Place the sandwiches on broiler pan and broil for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Divide slaw among 4 sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment