Friday, November 11, 2011
Chicken Ragu
Last night I made this pasta dish from Rachael Ray. I have made it a few times before...I didn't like it quite as much as the times before, but it is still good.
Every weekend it feels like we are going to finally have some time to relax, but plans always seem to change. Tomorrow will be a day of cleaning, baking and freezing chicken with my mom. On Sunday after church we have the Ranck Thanksgiving and then we are becoming new members at our congregational meeting at church in the evening... it is going to be a busy day!
Chicken Ragu
Serves: 4
1 lb. rigatoni or other short-cut pasta (I used penne)
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 lb. pancetta, finely diced (I used bacon)
1 1/2 lb. chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary (didn't use)
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Black pepper
1 carrot, peeled
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1 (28 oz.) can San Marzano tomatoes (crushed)
Grated Parmesan cheese
A handful of basil
Cook pasta to al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the pancetta (or bacon) for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken and brown evenly for 5-6 minutes. Add the onions, rosemary and garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Grate the carrot with a box grater directly into the pan and stir in. Add the bay leaf and cook until the vegetables are soft, 5-6 minutes.
Add the wine to the chicken and vegetables, stir and reduce for a minute, then add the tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce and combine the flavors. Drain the pasta and toss with the chicken ragu and cheese. Discard the bay leaf. Garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment