Monday, November 21, 2011
Pumpkin Bread
I can't believe it took me until the end of November to make pumpkin bread this year. It tasted so good again. This recipe is from my Aunt Ruthie and makes 2 large loaves of bread. I made one large loaf and 2 smaller ones.
I am so close to Thanksgiving break... I'm getting so excited!! Only 1 half day of students, 3 conferences, 1 grad assignment and 1 IEP between me and break. Finally!
Pumpkin Bread
3 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups pureed cooked or canned pumpkin
1 cup corn oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
3/4 cup nuts (I didn't use)
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
Stir together in a large bowl, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mix together pumpkin, corn oil and water. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add pumpkin mixture and stir just until flour is moistened. Pour in prepared pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
Golden Spread - 1/2 cup margarine and 1/2 cup Karo - Beat together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YUM! I love pumpkin anything, but especially pumpkin bread - I'll have to try this one!
ReplyDeleteExcited for you as break is so close - enjoy it all (and relax!)...
I put a cup of chocolate chips in mine...fabulous!!! It made 7 mini-loaves which we share with teachers for Thanksgiving. But of course, save some for ourselves! :)
ReplyDelete