Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grilled Chicken and Golden Corn Salad with Fresh Basil



Since the weather is getting cooler, I thought it would be a good idea to get in a few more dinners on the grill before I do not want to venture outside of my warm, cozy kitchen anymore. I made chicken on the grill, marinated a day ahead of time in Catalina dressing. So easy and so delicious! I made this corn salad with the chicken and it complemented it very nicely. I got the recipe after my mom suggested it out of Cooking Light. It is a light and fresh side dish that is very flavorful. I like the shallots with the tangy dressing. It also is a pretty and colorful dish to serve. I made a few changes to make it a little more budget friendly - I didn't add white balsamic vinegar, because I wasn't going to buy a bottle just for this recipe. I also did not use goat cheese, I sprinkled shredded parmesan cheese on top instead and thought it was still delicious!

Golden Corn Salad with Fresh Basil

*Serves 4 (I cut the recipe in half)

8 oz. small red potatoes
3 cups fresh corn kernels
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup minced shallots
3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. olive oil
6 cups arugula, trimmed
1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
2 oz. goat cheese, sliced (or parmesan!)

Boil poatatoes for 11 minutes or until tender. Drain and chill. Cut potatoes in quarters. Combine potatoes, corn, tomatoes and bell pepper in a large bowl.
Combine shallots and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Slowly pour oil into shallot mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle over corn mixture; toss well. Add arugula; toss. Sprinkle with basil; top evenly with goat cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment