Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Tyler and I both love pasta, and this meal did not let us down. Tyler gave it an A+ and I would agree... it tasted like something out of a restaurant. I got the recipe from this September's issue of Cooking Light, and it was so easy to make. The worst part was peeling the shrimp. We buy big bags of frozen shrimp from Giant when it is on sale and we normally can get quite a few meals out of it. The only thing I changed was that I added mushrooms to the Alfredo - they are a staple in our house =)
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
9 oz. fettuccine
1 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp
2 green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup half-and-half
3 Tbsp. cream cheese
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
Cook pasta according to package. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
Meanwhile, combine shrimp, onions, and garlic in a small bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil ( I add a little butter too). Add shrimp mixture and saute for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved cooking liquid, Parmesan cheese, half-and-half, cream cheese and pepper to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Combine pasta, cheese mixture and shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. (I also sauteed mushrooms in butter and with salt and pepper and added that to the pasta as well.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment