Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fair Season and Favorites

Wow, this week has been a little crazy! I haven't even had time to post on here - I also didn't do too much cooking over the past few days.
I must admit, fall is not one of my favorite seasons. Maybe it is because it always signals going back to school for me and it is getting colder outside. I always feel like October is the longest month and it seems to take forever to get to Thanksgiving. Maybe this year will be different, because September flew by incredibly fast! One thing that does make me very excited about fall is fair season. I always enjoy going to the New Holland fair - mainly because it is a tradition that I have done since I was a little girl. Tyler also introduced me to the Lampeter fair, which is pretty cool as well. I like walking around, looking at all the stands and running into people I know. I saw quite a few of my kids at the New Holland fair this week. But my favorite part of the fair, is the food. I. love. fair. food. Thursday after work, Tyler and I went fair hopping. Our first stop was the New Holland fair, where I got a gyro - probably the only time a year that I eat lamb, and waffles and ice-cream - best thing ever! I wanted to take my camera to get pictures, but I forgot it at home.
This is kinda what it looked like = )

After we had our fill in New Holland, we drove on over to the Lampeter fair to finish off the night with Trevor and Kara and the best milkshakes around. It was a great evening.

I also got this award from Nickie, Tyler's co-worker's wife. She has the three cutest boys and I spent a lot of time with them at Bedford Springs back in August. Her blog, Live Scrap Love, is about her amazing scrapbooks and her work as a Close to My Heart Consultant. The award is called the Liebster Award. Liebster is German for "beloved" or "favorite" and she passed on one of the awards to me.
Some of my favorite blogs are:
This coming week I will be back to cooking! See you soon.

1 comment: