Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Baked Stuffed Shells

Welp, today I went back to school. This past weekend was such a nice break... and really there is only 1/4 of the school year left. Not that I'm counting or anything =)
Tonight I made these stuffed shells. I kinda made it up, looking at a recipe from Tyler's mom and a recipe that I saw online to make my own. Hopefully these measurements are accurate, I guessed on some of them. We both thought the shells were pretty darn good.

Baked Stuffed Shells

12 jumbo pasta shells
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 handfuls chopped fresh baby spinach
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and run cold water over shells to cool.

3. Brown onion and beef until no longer pink. Drain fat. Add garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach and 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Mix together.

4. Stuff shells with beef mixture. Placing each shell upside down in a 9x9 baking dish. Cover with remaining spaghetti sauce and sprinkle additional mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top.

5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight for dinner and we LOVED it!! Yum,yum!!!

    ReplyDelete