Wow, this week really got away from me. School and life in general seemed busier than normal these past few days. I got to catch up with my high school girlfriends the other night and then last night we had dinner and small group at our house. Between those events and finishing up progress reports, writing 2 IEP's and attending a training, I feel beat! Thank goodness it is Friday! Actually, Tyler and I are off in a few minutes to go see the Hunger Games. I read all the books over Christmas break and can't wait to see the movie!
I made cheesecake last weekend for the Buckwalter Easter dinner. It turned out really well, except for the crack the size of the grand canyon down the middle of it. Apparently, I did something wrong. I think a hot water bath around it while baking would help, but I really don't have a pan big enough to do that in. Hhhmm... hoping for better luck next time.
Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust:
1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
Combine crumbs and butter; stirring well. Firmly press mixture evenly on bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
Cheesecake:
5 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Graham Cracker Crust
Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour into graham cracker crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes; turn oven off and partially open oven door. Leave cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Garish with fruit or cherry/blueberry pie filling.
Hey! Brandon and I just saw a matinee this afternoon! I read the books and couldn't wait to see the movie! What did you think? Loved it but of course, the books are so much better!!! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletemine always crack a little on the top. i know it's not "correct", but i appreciate the confirmation that they're done baking. :) the one i just made this past weekend, i did in a hot water bath and it still cracked a little.
ReplyDeleteShawna, I really enjoyed the movie!... for once I walked away from the movie not disappointed after reading the book. Tyler really liked it too and he didn't read the books. I'm excited to the other ones to come out.
ReplyDelete