I tried this recipe that was made at our cooking class the other week. I used all of my new tips for sauteing and I definitely think it helped! The chicken looked and tasted great and I loved this other new tip that I got from the chef - Wondra.
It basically is really light, thin flour that can be used for dredging meat and making gravy without the lumps. I found it in the baking aisle this week and it is awesome! It doesn't stick to your hands, it covers the meat evenly and you don't need much of it. This container will last me a very long time. I can't believe I never knew about this stuff before now!
Sauteed Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms
Serves: 4
2 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded lightly
Salt and Pepper
Wondra for dredging chicken
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. shallots, finely chopped
2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
One 9 oz. package frozen artichokes hearts, thawed and grained
2 tsp. green peppercorns, in brine, rinsed, chopped or crushed (I didn't use)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Dry chicken breasts with paper towels and cut in half horizontally. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Dredge chicken with Wondra on both sides. Add one Tbsp. of butter and oil to saute pan. Add chicken and saute for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Lower heat to medium and add remaining butter and shallots. Cook for a minute and add mushrooms and artichokes. Toss to combine and cook for 5 minutes. Add peppercorns and saute for 1 minute.
3. Raise the temperature to high, add the chicken broth and reduce in half. Add heavy cream and cook until desired consistency. Season sauce with salt and pepper and return chicken to the saute pan. Return chicken to the pan and turn to coat in the sauce.
Serve hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment