Monday, April 9, 2012
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
This Easter weekend has been a nice break from the ordinary. We were able to spend time with family, with each other and we had a chance to catch up on a lot of little things around the house. On Saturday, I spent the afternoon making these peanut butter eggs. I haven't made them in a few years - the last time I made them was with Tyler when we were dating. They tasted so good again! I like them with dark chocolate, but I made some of both to please everyone =)
I also got in my spring cleaning mode and cleaned out my fridge. It desperately needed it! It was so dirty. Ever wonder what everything from your fridge would look like on your counter? Probably something like this....
I separated all of the good items that needed to go back in the fridge from the expired, old items that needed thrown out. This little collection by the sink was sent to the recycling bin and I gained some additional space in my very clean fridge!
Oh, and there is the recipe for those wonderful peanut butter eggs. The recipe is from one of my mom's friends from work. Yum!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
2 sticks butter
2 cups peanut butter
1 cup marshmallow cream
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups chocolate wafers (about 1 lb.) (Wilbur's chocolate melting wafers are the best!)
Melt butter, add marshmallow cream. Mix well using a whisk. Add peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Mix with hands. Form into eggs. Freeze for 15 minutes then coat with chocolate. Place on wax paper.
Chocolate:
Place 2 cups waters in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue for 30 seconds. Stir to melt wafers. Continue for 30 more seconds until all the chocolate is melted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment