We went to Ben and Rachel's new apartment in the city on Saturday evening. We had a great time catching up with friends from college and enjoyed good food and a fun walk around Lancaster. I brought a new pasta salad that I decided to try. I have had this recipe in my binder for a few years and never made it, so it was about time to see if we actually liked it or not. It's a little different because there are green grapes and grape tomatoes in it together, but the combination is great! We loved it and I will definitely be making it again. I think the salad is supposed to be served warm as a main dish, but I made it ahead of time and served it cold as a side, which was perfect.
Bowtie with Tomato, Feta and Balsamic Dressing
Serves: 4
6 oz. uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
2 tsp. capers (didn't use)
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 tsp. EVOO
1 (4 oz.) package crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, grapes and basil in a large bowl.
2. While pasta cooks, combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil to vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle vinaigrette over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Add cheese; toss to combine.
No comments:
Post a Comment