Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Corn Relish Dip


Only 2 more half days left of this school year! I am ready for a break... and for Trevor and Kara's wedding on Saturday!! Updates to come shortly!
I first had this corn relish dip when we were helping Matt and Kate move in Baltimore. Then, last weekend we had a Memorial day party for our Sunday School class at our house, so I got the recipe from Kate and made it as our appetizer. It is kind of like Texas Caviar, but different. I really like the avocado and cheese in this dip. It is a great summer snack and very addicting!

Corn Relish Dip

1 container grape tomatoes, quartered
1 block Monterrey jack cheese, cut into small cubes
1 avocado, cut into small cubes
1 (15 oz.) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
Cilantro - just a little bit (I didn't even use it)
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish (the only place I know to get this in Lancaster right now is at Old Mill House - I'm sure it is sold other places, I just don't know where)

Mix everything together and refrigerate overnight for the best results.
Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment