Wednesday, June 27, 2012

15 Weeks


It seems like a good time for a baby update! I am offically 15 weeks today! This picture was taken on Sunday at 14 1/2 weeks. Baby is now the size of an orange and the baby's arm and leg joints are now fully functioning, which means it is moving around like crazy in there, even though I can't feel it yet. 

My mom went shopping with me about a week ago and helped me buy some maternity clothes. We went to H&M, which had some great stuff on the clearance rack. I also got the shirt I am wearing in this picture from there, which I love. We also went to Target where I got a few more pieces. The next day, Tyler and I went to Old Navy and I was able to find some drawstring shorts and capris to hold me over for the rest of the summer. It's amazing how maternity shirts can make you look so much more pregnant. I am enjoying wearing my new clothes though because I feel more pregnant rather than just having a "food gut."

We also bought our first baby purchase this week - a stroller and carseat travel system. We actually got it off of craigslist, which I was not expecting to do for a carseat. That was one purchase I wanted to buy new, but when looking at craigslist the other day I saw an add for a brand new Chicco's travel system stroller and carseat with the tags still on it for half the price they are selling it in stores. After checking around for the ratings and if it was a good buy, Tyler and I decided to go for it. It is a really nice neutral tan and orange color that is very compact and easy to use. We are excited to have at least one thing checked off our list!

The biggest thing that has changed in my body this week is my energy level. I feel like I actually have to listen to my body now and not push myself, which is what I am used to doing. I'm trying to do better so I don't end up feeling completely run-down by mid-afternoon. Overall though, I'm feeling good. I am hungry all the time, but if you know me, that's not really any different from normal =)

No comments:

Post a Comment