Thursday, July 5, 2012
Deviled Eggs
I made deviled eggs for the first time for one of our 4th of July picnics yesterday. My Aunt Joan makes the best deviled eggs, and I finally got the recipe from her. They turned out great and we loved them! They are much easier to make than I expected, for some reason I was always intimidated by them, but it wasn't hard at all and it is a cheap side to bring to parties and picnics. I'm actually going to make them again this weekend!
Deviled Eggs
4 hard-cooked eggs
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. mustard
1. Hard-boil eggs - my method is to bring eggs to a boil and once they come to a boil. Turn off heat and cover. Let eggs sit and cook in the hot water for 21 minutes. Then drain and cool with cold tap water before peeling.
2. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and mash until smooth. Add other ingredients and mix well.
3. Refill the whites and garnish with paprika.
Labels:
Sides
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment