Thursday, July 26, 2012

Corn Day!

 This past Saturday was "Corn Day" for the Martin family. This is a yearly tradition where we all get together and shuck, cook, cut, bag and freeze corn for all of our families for the year.This year I think there were about 18 of us who could make it to help out for the day. I absolutely love having corn in my freezer throughout the winter months!


When I was younger, my job (along with the rest of my cousins) consisted of cooling down the corn in huge tubs. We would literally have to fish them out and ended up getting totally soaked in the process. Over the years I have moved up in the world and the past few years I have even been able to be a "corn cutter." I feel so honored since it was always a job that only my aunts got to do =)

We always have a good time together and are getting faster at it every year. This year we started at 7:30 and were done by 11:15!

I now have 21 two cup bags of corn in my deep freezer. It is kinda busting at the seams right now.... don't you think? I always dread when I know that I need something that is buried on the bottom!


1 comment:

  1. yay! mom & i are doing up some next wednesday. also, you need a bigger freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete